Posts tagged Gluten Free
Say Hello to Healthy! Now Welcoming 6 New Low-Calorie Entrees.0
Healthy dining…Mexican style? Only at Diane Powers’ Bazaar del Mundo Restaurant Group, where six flavorful and regionally-inspired Mexican entrees are new – and all under 650 calories! Gluten-free choices are also included.
The chefs at Powers’ award-winning Mexican restaurants (including our sister-restaurants Casa Guadalajara in Old Town, Casa de Pico in La Mesa and Casa Sol y Mar in Del Mar Highlands) have created lighter selections using the finest and freshest ingredients, with homemade salsas and sauces newly prepared every day:
- Camarones del Pacifico: The ultimate shrimp ceviche marinated and poached in Pacifico beer, lime juice, red onions, Tajin and cucumbers – 290 calories
- *Ensalada de Chef Ignacio: Grilled chicken, avocado slices, tomatoes, queso Oaxaca and thin red onion, served with spicy chipotle light ranch dressing – 510 calories; gluten free
- *Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas: Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas topped with salsa verde and queso cotija, served with black beans and jicama slaw – 560 calories; gluten free
- Turkey Picadillo Soft Tacos: Two soft, ground turkey tacos with pico de gallo, pickled red onions, queso cotija, served with black beans, arroz poblana and salsa quemada – 490 calories
- Tacos de Pescado Tropicales: Grilled fish with pineapple and mango salsa in soft corn tortillas, served with jicama slaw, light sour cream jalapeño lemon sauce, and black beans – 650 calories
- *Ensalada de Carne Asada: Grilled and marinated carne asada, with sliced avocado, tomatoes, queso cotija, sliced radishes, spring mix of romaine and cilantro lime dressing – 390 calories; gluten free
* = gluten-free selections
Diners can enjoy the new healthy dining entrees while washing them down with a frosty Skinny Margarita, made with Tres Agaves nectar and under 100 calories. ¡Salud!
Casa de Bandini Participating in SD Padres Gluten Free Event on Saturday, July 21st0
Casa de Bandini is proud to be participating in Gluten Free Awareness Night at the tailgating parking lot at Petco Park this coming Saturday, July 21st. You can enter the lot off of Imperial Avenue.
The event begins at 3 pm and lasts until 5pm. In addition to Casa de Bandini there will be a number of other restaurants and national vendors participating. Free samples of many gluten free foods will be available, as well as gluten free beer samples!
Admission is free and there will be music, raffles and even the opportunity to win upgraded seats to the San Diego Padres game which begins at 5:35.
A portion of the proceeds will go back to the local Celiac Disease non-profit here in San Diego.